Tuesday, January 08, 2019

...and he is 2

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." - A quote by Phyllis Diller, an American actress and a stand up comedian who had 6 children. 


21st December 2016 : My son Meharaj was born in Mumbai. I used to work in Mumbai then.

21st December 2017 : We celebrated his first birthday in Ludhiana. That is where his grandparents and our extended families live. I wrote about it here

21st December 2018 : We celebrated his second birthday in New Delhi. I had to travel regarding my work to New Delhi and didn't want to be away from him on this day, so I took him and my wife along with me. My mother and brother traveled all the way from Ludhiana to meet him in Delhi and we had a mini celebration. 

He has a sweet tooth, clearly.

He stays and goes to a playschool, in Chennai. And he had his first international vacation in Mauritius in November last year. Interestingly, he is a very well behaved child in flights, so far. Touch-wood! Because on ground he is unrestrained, putting it mildly. 

So he has in all probability, clocked more miles in 2 years than I did in first decade of my life. He has stayed in multiple cities and is exposed to many languages - English, Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and Marathi. His parents don't know the last two. He is truly growing up in a multi-cultural environment. This is an exciting and a scary thought at the same time. 

Since I last wrote about him in this post, he has added few more words to his vocabulary. Though other children of his age speak many more words and more complex words too, he compensates for this lack of vocabulary with his exaggerated body language. Each word he has learned is always accompanied with a gesture. He keeps saying "Bye" to people in a musical way and with a wave of his hand. He looks really cute doing it. Then he has learned two words in Punjabi, "Bas" (stop or that's it) accompanied with a show of hand like a traffic cop and "Kitthe" (where) along with an upward nod of his face, as if questioning me. For him every bird is a crow. He sees a bird and he shouts happily, "K(r)owww," with the 'r' remaining silent. At times, he points towards himself and will keep repeating, "Baby" in his babbieee sound. While he learned the word "Papa" very early (in fact it was the first word he ever uttered), he still just keeps saying it without necessarily calling me out. Though when his mom asks to give his "Papa" something, he knows where to go. He doesn't say Mama or Mummy and surprisingly calls his mother "Paapi" or "Papi". But his favorite phrase is actually gibberish. He even keeps blabbering it in his sleep. "Kunte-Kunte". Guess what we were trying to teach him! "Chhotte-Chhotte." (Little-Little)

He has also learned to throw a tantrum and knows how to get things done. He is a really active child and can shake his legs in a clumsy manner when you ask him to dance. He keeps climbing on things and people without fear of falling. He likes to eat only while playing with my shoes. He likes to walk in them. He raids the refrigerator for chocolates or dates every time he gets a chance. When I reach home, he asks me to pick him up and then he would keep my pen, my watch and my wallet in the cupboard. The day I forget this ritual, he starts whining. He has now a complete set of teeth, with which he can give you the brightest smile or he can bite your fingers off. When he makes a mistake and he knows it, he will blink both his eyes in a way that you will be forced to kiss him or hug him.

I like my home to be clean and like my things to be at the right places. But Meharaj is not like that. He likes mess. He loves chaos. He throws toys, food, water, remotes, keys, creams, pillows, or anything which he can hold in his hands on the floor, on the bed, under the bed and inside the shower. I was too naive to think that I can keep my house in order. I have given up! I think I have finally learned to 'Let go'. I love him. 



53 comments:

Ishwinder said...

Very well said!!! He is so naughty that he doesn't obey also. Even if I try to show him slap he starts slapping himself and the moment he hears the word thappar he starts slapping himself. So I guess he wants to tell that he is not afraid of anything and anybody. Lol!!!

Charan Deep Singh said...

He is afraid of you Ishwinder :-)

Unknown said...

Nice read... Charan... My son is fast catching up with similar tantrums... :)

Freebird said...

Super writing, natural flow...Loved it

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks vineet

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Unknown said...

Ha ...good description.. VERY Best to him.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š (unknown)

Unknown said...

I have always admired your writing skills Charan and this one was also too good. I think any father who will be reading this post will be memorising about his son or daughter as well. Keep writing. I will be one of your fans always

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thank jagat

Unknown said...

Charan,Good to see you enjoy your Son's tantrums as any proud Father does. But most of us don't take pains to capture these beautiful moments but you did which makes one travel back and relive in his memories. Nice Job and keep kidding with your Junior.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks "unknown" ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not
already ;) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your valuable efforts on this site.

Ellie really likes doing internet research and it is simple to grasp why.

Most of us hear all concerning the powerful method you provide functional
secrets via the blog and as well strongly encourage contribution from website visitors on the theme so our
favorite child is in fact discovering a great deal. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year.
You are doing a fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

Yeah bookmaking this wasn't a bad decision outstanding post!

Anonymous said...

I blog frequently and I really appreciate your information. Your article
has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your
website and keep checking for new details about once a week.

I opted in for your RSS feed as well.

Anonymous said...

I like this website so much, saved to favorites.

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking a few minutes and
actual effort to produce a superb article? but what can I say?

I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to get anything done.

Anonymous said...

Really nice style and fantastic content, hardly anything else we require :D.

Anonymous said...

Lovely just what I was searching for. Thanks
to the author for taking his time on this one.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting subject, thank you for putting up.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long
as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you
present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;)
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Excellent article over again! I am looking forward for more updates;)

Anonymous said...

I like your writing style genuinely enjoying this web site.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really
appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thanks once
again.

Anonymous said...

I like this post, enjoyed this one regards for posting.

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely
loved every little bit of it.I have you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post...

Anonymous said...

Some times its a pain in the ass to read what website owners wrote
but this site is very user genial!

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this web site's content everyday along with a cup of
coffee.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Keep writing such kind of info on your page.
Im really impressed by your blog.
Hey there, You have performed a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and
personally suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be
benefited from this website.

Anonymous said...

Changing flowers with feathers or fruits is perfectly fantastic if carried out beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear description of the challenges.
It was really informative. Your website is useful. Many thanks
for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and
effort to put this short article together. I once again find myself
spending a lot of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

Anonymous said...

I am really thankful to the holder of this web site who has
shared this great post at here.

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

I'm quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

I like the efforts you have put in this, thank you for all the great posts.

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a
little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog.
An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going to let know her.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off-topic but I
needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website such as
yours require a massive amount work? I'm brand new to
operating a blog however I do write in my diary
daily. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Thankyou!

Anonymous said...

you are in reality a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible.

It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork.
you've performed a wonderful process on this subject!

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the
same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!์นด์ง€๋…ธ

Anonymous said...

Excellent article! We are linking to this great article on our website.
Keep up the good writing.์นด์ง€๋…ธ

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like yor website!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about >"...and he is 2"
<Liked it!

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a
sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had
to tell someone!

Charan Deep Singh said...

Yes, that sounds funny and not off topic

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! I don't think I've read something like
this before. So great to discover someone with genuine thoughts on this subject.
Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed
on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague
who was doing a little research on this. And he actually ordered me dinner because I found it for him...
lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this matter
here on your web site.

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Finding
the time and actual effort to generate a very good
article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and don't manage to get
nearly anything done.