Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Y : Youth & Regret #AtoZChallenge2020

The dreams of the youth are the regrets of maturity 
~ Tim Curry, English Actor & Singer

Extended lockdown period is also about to get over on 3rd May 2020, and many of us in red zone districts are not sure about its further extension. While everyone in my social circle is making efforts to stay positive, some have faced few moments of anxiety and in some cases moments of regret too. Regrets which cloud our peaceful existence in idle moments! Regrets which we shouldn't carry into our old age / maturity! This led me to a poem, I had written on a whim in 2016, but never shared it with anyone. It is the job of a novice. But I didn't want to regret later, that I never shared it on my blog. 


***

Poem : Youth & Regret

I remember my harum-scarum youth,
When I kissed you in the school booth.

I remember the freckle on your face,
Getting you in my arms was no less than a chase.

I remember the day, when we took different routes,
You forgot me completely, but I missed you in bouts.

I remember the years where worth remembering happened nothing,
I got lot of action but stopped feeling a thing.

I remember getting married and having a grown up son,
It was too late when I realized, you were the one. 

Today, I am alone on my death bed,
Looking back on my life, some tears I just shed.

I wonder where you are and what you are doing,
I wish I hadn't slapped you that day, it was my undoing. 

***

---

Previous Challenges : Letter Y



7 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hmmm, not good to have regret, not at this moment of his life! Great poem!
Y is for Young

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks Fred👍

Ishwinder said...

Nice poem.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks Ish :-)

Sneha said...

Its I heart touching rap....

Sneha said...

Its a heart touching Rap.....eminem styl

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks Sneha ☺️