Friday, April 10, 2020

I : Imagination #AtoZChallenge2020

Imagination is everything. 
It is the preview of life’s coming attractions
~ Albert Einstein


I was wondering, how do inmates in jails keep themselves sane and positive in those harsh conditions. They must be having something optimistic to look forward to. They must be imagining a happier, crime free future. Just being productive and engaged is not enough to survive any form of incarceration. 

The power of imagination can't be undermined even under normal circumstances. But when conditions are tough, and when you are physically constrained, it is one's imagination that can run free and let one fly high. A prisoner who looks back, will get consumed by regret or guilt. But a prisoner, who uses the power of his imagination, to look forward, is going to relish the unseen and most probably realize it too. 

We have been the prisoners of this lockdown for 17 days now. But most of us have been prisoners of our minds, conditioned by our society, for long. So borrowing from Einstein quote, I want to imagine the attractions post lockdown, which I look forward to. So here is the stuff, I imagine myself doing post lockdown - 

1. Watching a movie in an IMAX theater. And nothing less than Christopher Nolan's Tenet would do.

2. Sitting in a nice bar, along with my friends, drinking a really really chilled beer. Along with peri peri french fries.

3. Going for a long ride in our car on the scenic ECR route. Halt at a good resort for lunch, that includes butter fried prawns.

4.  Having paani puri at a nice place. And any street food that catches my fancy.

5. Going to office and coming back home on time. Working for fixed hours in office is a thing I look forward to. Work from Home is not for me.

6. Going to a holiday to Europe - Italy, Spain. Have never been there.

7. Making choices about my career and in my work based on parameters that matter to me most.

8. Going outside the home without a mask, without a sanitizer and without fear of Coronavirus. Go Corona Go!

What are the attractions you are looking forward to post this lockdown?

---

Previous Challenges : Letter I



6 comments:

Joy Weese Moll said...

I'm an introvert, so I'm doing pretty well. But, number 8 on your list definitely applies to me, too! That will be such a relief.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Yes Joy. But there must be so many other things too apart from number 8.
Thanks for stopping by

Lady In Read said...

spending time with family(who don't live in our home) and friends is definitely one big thing for me.. and simply the option of heading out without the fear (since i normally do spend a lot of time at home)
and loving your theme this time as well.. i am now inspired to add the links to last year's challenges as well in each letter's post like you..

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your list too "Lady in Read".

Preetsoun Singh said...

Very well said about this blog and I liked this blog too much. I have been reading your other Blogs too. During lock down we did not do much work than we did before but GOD naturally gave us time to spend time with our family and beside we can see the beauty of nature which has improved much and I think can improve much if lock down remains there. As You said in this blog of at number 7 point it implement on me as well also. As I have much more to look forward and I am Inspired by your Blogs very Much.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks for your kind comments Unknown. Hope you had left your name or your website address