Friday, April 03, 2020

C : Crazy People - Part II #AtoZChallenge2020

Last year when I wrote this post titled, Crazy People - Part I, I had not imagined that this title will lend itself so well to current crazy times and will be so relevant for my Letter C post, in this April Daily Blogging Challenge. 

Let me also add another dimension to this. There are good kind of crazy people too - like the doctors who are working so hard in this lock-down trying to stem the spread of Covid19 disease , our security forces who are out there to ensure that the lock-down works, bankers and other essential services providers who are ensuring basic services are running well and above all my wife, who is putting up with my extra working hours despite the fact that I am working from home. A big thanks to all these good kind of crazy people. I am grateful that you all are there.


At the same time this post is about the other kind of crazy people - the stupid ones. The kind of crazy people I talked about in my last post on this subject. And let me warn you, there are many.

The crazy ones who thought that they won't get the virus and kept going out. Now more people are at risk of getting the disease than ever before because of their misplaced bravado. The crazy ones who tried to escape the thermal screenings at airports, by lowering their body temperature, after popping a pill. They thought they are doing the smart thing. But they just showed us, that the world doesn't need super villains like Joker. Few crazy ones are enough to cause massive destruction. And those toilet paper hoarders, let me remind you that humans are different than animals. Survival of the fittest is the law of jungle, not the human civilization. We need to be more compassionate, not loony.

Before the lock-down, I used to romanticize the 'Work from Home' or WFH concept. Now I get to see its ugly side. There are two types of crazy people here too. The ones who think that WFH is a holiday and stay disconnected most of the times. You are pressurizing the ones who really want the work to get done. Then there are the other ones - the more dangerous kind of crazy. The ones who think that WFH is same as working 24 X 7. Guys, you are worse than the headache I get during my hangovers.

Each country's government is trying to do a lot, within their respective constraints. We have every right to demand more from our governments, but it is crazy to think that we don't have any role to play. So please stay in, stay safe and don't pelt the people, who are trying to help you, with stones! Remember, when they help you, they are enabling you to help others. Choice is yours : To be a Hero or a crazy villain!

---

Previous Challenges : Letter C



8 comments:

Parveen said...

Very well articulated! Thode shabdon mein badi baat

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks parveen

Unknown said...

I hate the hangover kinda crazy people too. 🙈

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks for letting me know unknown. I also hate myself that moment. Cheers to that 🥂

Pramod k said...

Nicely expressed.

Dr Genevive Angela said...

I agree that we must be grateful to all those people who serve us despite the lock down. The crazy ones are creating problems every where, in fact they are adding to the problem. The best thing to do is stay home and stay safe.

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks Pramod

Charan Deep Singh said...

So true Angela