Tuesday, April 07, 2020

F : Foolishness in Lockdown #AtoZChallenge2020

I was in a mood for an adventure on Sunday, which just went by. So I decided to get out of my house after a week or so in this lockdown situation, to buy groceries and vegetables. I ventured out of my house fully armored to face the invisible enemy, that has caused this curfew like situation. I had covered my face properly with a home-made mask, (made out of my handkerchief) and had kept a 50 ml, alcohol based sanitizer in my pocket. My kit was fully loaded, which will make any good soldier proud of me. It included cloth bags, a properly disinfected wallet, with a credit card inside, my mobile phone and a to-buy items list. Things were totally sorted. 

As I walked about 200 meters towards the grocery store from my building, I felt an adrenaline rush like never before. The grocery store had done enough preparation for social distancing and was allowing limited people inside, at a time. So I had allies in my fight against this C enemy. As I started filling items in my cart, I realized that even shelves in the store were practicing social distancing. Half the shelves in the store were empty. So I bought the items which were on my list and also available in the store. I was able to buy half the items only. I was still upbeat, because something is better than nothing. I also bought few cookies and a sliced cake for my son (not in the list prepared by my wife), to compensate for the things I didn't get. I walked back home with the satisfaction of a great adventure. 

But a good soldier's job is to ensure safety till the end. Upon reaching home, all the items were kept aside for disinfection outside the apartment door. I immediately took a shower and changed into fresh clothes. Now I was in a position to have a peaceful day. In the evening, when disinfected stuff was being moved inside the house, my wife informed me that it seems I carried the week old list of items along with me. Half of that stuff was ordered online by yours truly few days back. Of course, I had forgotten this fact. So now, I will be eating bottle gourd in its various avatars till next Sunday - vegetables, fritters, koftas and may be halwa. And I hate bottle gourd. We will cook french beans twice this week. And I will be served onions with everything. Clearly, for displaying foolishness in lockdown, one has to pay the price and deal with a wife who is definitely not amused with your adventure.

 ---

Previous Challenges : Letter F




4 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hahaha! Oh sorry, it's not funny ;)) Do shopping for 2 or 3 weeks, and you will have greater choice ;))
F is for Free motion

Charan Deep Singh said...

Thanks for stopping by Fred. Not hoarding

Ishwinder said...

This time carry new list. 😁

Charan Deep Singh said...

Sure Ishwinder :-)